jontando

Thank you for riding my train of thought. Please wait until we come to a complete stop, and deposit your trash in the comment box.

Friday, May 14, 2004

Quick E3 wrap-up

I was also quite pleased with Sly2, Jak3, and Rachet and Clank 3.

I do have to give BIG props to Aaron Habibipour for turning Iron Phoenix around in the right direction. When I first played it as Meteor Blade it was complete crap. Apparently he went to the developers over in China and redid all the character designs, plus had them implement a whole litany of improvements in under a month. Amazing, it really is. Sammy is lucky to have someone like him. Darkwatch is looking quite spiffy as well, but not such a dramatic improvement from last year as Iron Phoenix. Again - kudos to Aaron.

The best E3 related incident was the Sony PR man giving me extra passes to the party when the group I was with wound up being one short. Thanks man - even if you most likely can't read this. The group from Suckerpunch are a great bunch of guys to hang out with, especially Dev Madan. I can't believe I've known him for over 10 years.

Seeing Black Eyed Peas, Missy Elliot, AND The Crystal Method from 30 feet away while getting hammered on free drinks all night was great. Sony parties usually are. I drunk dialed about 20 people and just held the phone up to the stage. Yeah, that was me.

The night before I went out drinking\shmoozing with a few reps from the UK. The less said about that the better. Let's leave it at: failed attempt at going to Jumbo's Clown Room, where strippers go to die.

So basically I've been drinking professionally all week, and I'm going to use the weekend to recover from all the walking I did the last three days. Going to Magic Mountain for Cutter's birthday today was the final nail in my coffin. The Goliath was awesome, but an amusement park is in no way the proper venue to nurse a hangover.