jontando

Thank you for riding my train of thought. Please wait until we come to a complete stop, and deposit your trash in the comment box.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

What?

I went to the park today, had a little picnic with my friend Laurel. Fed the ducks, took off my shoes, wiggled my toes in the grass. You know, like people do.

I was sitting there and I heard a questioning "Jon? Jon from Myspace?".

"Urm? Uh, yeah." I said as I turned to see who it was.

This woman, whom I have never seen before, is staring at me. One hand on her hip with the other one half covering her face.

"Do I know you?" I ask.

She giggles, keeping her hand over her mouth as if she's embarassed about her smile.

"No, I just remember seeing you online. I saved your profile" she admits.

"Mmmkay," I'm getting nervous now "Why didn't you add me then?"

"Because I don't know you or any of your friends" she admits.

"Oh - well add me and you can get to know my friends I guess." I offer.

"Maybe I will" and with that she was off.

Laurel was still feeding the ducks, and if she heard this exchange she gracefully ignored it.

What the hell was that?