jontando

Thank you for riding my train of thought. Please wait until we come to a complete stop, and deposit your trash in the comment box.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Kids today are being robbed

My favorite carwashes as a kid were the ones with the fabric "tentacles" that would sway back and forth, gripping the car in it's deep sea scariness. I miss those. These "touchless" carwash joints today just ain't got the same tension. The old style were exactly like going on a ride at a park. My brother and I used to make up plots, characters, themes, as my mom's rusty yellow ScoutII would be dragged, kicking and screaming, through the horror flick that was the classic carwash. While I appreciate the fact that my antenna will stay firmly attached, the child inside of me weeps a little every time I give my car a bath.